Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Birthday Celebration

I have never enjoyed my birthday 4 days before Christmas (for the obvious reasons) but I can honestly say for the first time I didn't feel like my birthday needed to be a spectacular event to separate it from the busy holiday.  My birthday was on Sunday this year and I awoke to breakfast in bed, followed by the serenading of 4 big brown eyes and 2 blue that didn't want to miss out on the action.  We ate a delicious dinner at the Clarks and had cake and ice cream with the Johnsen family.  The next evening Brad and I enjoyed a night out to celebrate my birthday together.  We hit the ever so tasty restaurant - The Dodo (my favorite)....


Had brownie sundae dessert at CPK....  

Finally saw the movie Twilight, which we both enjoyed ( 2 thumbs up by the Clark critics)....     

AND the best present of all - I was able to catch up on some much needed beauty sleep.  Can't wait for Mother's Day!!