With Spring comes warmer weather, flowers blooming, kids playing outside and racing season. One of the many reasons I love this time of year. I ran my first race of the season with my sister-in-law, Erin. I am still having hip problems from my last half marathon so I wanted to start out the year slowly with a 5K.
The race was Race for the Cure and Erin ran in memory of her dad who died of cancer last year. I ran to support Erin in her mission to cure cancer. I was so touched by the shirt she wore for the race. 
The course weaved throughout downtown Salt Lake and ended at The Gateway's Olympic Fountain. I ran the 5K in 25:15, finished 5th for my division and 106th place out of 1574 runners. Afterwards we waited at the finish line for my brother, Jake, who was running his first half marathon. Way to go Jacob! I am looking forward to more races to come this year....now let the races begin!