We did it! We survived the Johnsen Family Vacation of 2008 and everything seemed to go over smoothly. It can be chaotic with 38 people and I am sure we will be well remembered by the other hotel guests. Hopefully this new tradition of family vacations will continue.
I was lucky enough to have my 4-year old niece, Elle, apply my makeup. I think she put on 6 different shades of lipstick and painted my knuckles as well as my fingernails.


This baby moose was hanging out below our window one morning.

Family hike/walk around Deer Valley Lake.


Family hike/walk around Deer Valley Lake.
Pizza and playing at the park.



The kids were swinging back and forth on this bar at the playground and of course my brothers had to make a competition out of it. It wouldn't be a Johnsen gathering without some sort of friendly competition. They competed to see who could swing back and forth on the bar the longest. I think my brother, Jared, won with 15 swings - way to go boys!




Our last evening gathered together (minus 1 who left early for a New York trip and another came late due to a business trip in Florida)