Matthew (15 months), Will (almost 5), Timothy (1 day) and Lizzy (2 1/2 years)
I think we are done. We just had our 4th and final child last week. Never say never but both Brad and I feel good about our "Clark Final Four" (had to throw in a little basketball terminology). This was my hardest pregnancy and delivery to date but still relatively easy compared to other pregnant women. I was scheduled to be induced on Thursday, March 26th and was counting down the hours. I went to my doctor's appointment the Tuesday before and due to high blood pressure my doctor sent me to the hospital right away. I have never had high blood pressure pregnant or not. Brad and I checked in at 6:00 p.m. Tuesday evening and took the last available delivery room. It was very busy at LDS Hospital and they were under staffed so the process of getting me started was quite slow. I was given an epidural early to help lower my blood pressure and never felt one contraction - best epidural ever!! My blood pressure still remained high and the nurse was worried I would have a seizure. I think it was at this point Brad said "this is our last and we are not going through this again". Unfortunately, they had to give me Magnesium Sulfate to lower my blood pressure, which caused me to develop flu-like symptoms. At 10:30 p.m. I was given Pitocin and at 11:45 I was ready to push. Due to the packed house of pregnant women, my doctor was delivering a baby in the next room and I had to wait until after midnight. I pushed twice and delivered our little guy at 12:11 a.m.
15 minutes old
My first meeting with Timothy
While waiting for my postpartum room, Brad handed me a sealed envelope of his top 10 baby names. He gave me the chance to look over them and cross out a few I did not like - sorry Marcus and Patrick. I liked 4 names on the list, in no particular order, and Brad had the final say - thus Timothy Rodney Clark was named. Is it a coincidence the quarterback for the Florida Gators is named Tim Tebow?? I think not!
First gathering of our family of 6
For 24 hours following the birth I had to remain on the Magnesium Sulfate and was sick the entire time. I was monitored closely, so forget about getting much rest. I don't think I ate anything for 40 hours. I was unable to keep anything down. I didn't even spend much time with Timothy the first day.
Attempting to get a picture of the kids together - chaos!
Will loves the baby and can't get enough of him. He has a one track mind of wanting to hold him constantly. Elizabeth didn't want anything to do with him the first day but is warming up to him slowly. Matthew just wants to jump on and hit him like he is a new toy, although he is good at giving him kisses.
Two days old
I must say it feels great not being pregnant any longer but I already forgot the sleepless nights of having a newborn. You think I would be an expert since I just had one a year ago!!